To help you setting up your Mimo, here are a few tips to ensure both easy setup, as well as optimal connectivity throughout your time monitoring your little one with the Mimo. Generally speaking, the simpler the networking setup in your home, the better off you and your Mimo will be.
- Make sure you’re connecting in to a stand-alone access point, i.e., one router.
- The router can be a dual-band router, but the Mimo cannot connect in to a 5.0GHz network - only a 2.4GHz network.
- In the cases where you have one network name for both 5.0GHz and 2.4GHz networks, we recommend that you bifurcate them into two distinct networks - one for the 5.0GHz, and one for the 2.4GHz. That way you can ensure you’re connecting to the 2.4GHz only.
- Many routers now are b/g/n compatible, but the Mimo can have trouble if the network you’re connecting in to is n-only. Set it to b/g/n so the Lilypad can find the b/g modes instead of n.
- The Mimo won’t be able to connect in to repeaters and extenders - remember, connect in to the original, stand-alone access point.
- Non-alphanumeric characters in both WiFi names and passwords can sometimes trip up the Mimo. Alphanumeric character SSIDs and passwords are best in terms of Mimo setup.
If you’d like to look into any of this for your particular setup, we recommend doing a simple Google search on the make/model of your router for keys to updating your router settings.
If you’re unsure about any of this, or would like help, please give us a holler. We’re all steeped in knowledge of how to update router settings, and we help parents just like you all day, every day. 877.415.6466.