Absolutely! We’ve done extensive testing and research on everything from kimono fit to ensuring the Turtle isn’t a choking hazard (don’t worry, we used a standard sized tube to test for this kind of thing), and all results are extremely positive in terms of making sure the Mimo system is safe for your baby. A few key points that are super important here:
- The Turtle emits an extremely low power Bluetooth signal to connect to the Lilypad. It’s the same signal strength as having a video monitor or smart phone in the same room as the baby.
- The Lilypad emits a wifi signal, just the same as your router.
- The kimonos are made from organic cotton, and the breathing sensors on the kimono are made out of standard T-shirt vinyl and don’t touch your baby’s skin.
- The Turtle is NOT a choking hazard - it’s too fat (but please don’t tell it that it’s fat; it’s pretty self conscious).
- We comply with all the safety requirements of the CPSC (https://www.cpsc.gov/), including flammability, choking hazards, battery protections, and otherwise.
We’ve designed the Mimo to be as safe as possible while still providing you with meaningful insight and real-time information about your baby.